Posts from ‘DotNetNuke’
The first method involves tricking DNN’s Tab table to thinking your URL link is something a little bit different.
- Open up the Tabs Table in your favorite SQL Editor
- Look for the URL field of the external link you wish to open in a new window.
- You may see something like: http://example.com
- You want to make it: http://example.com” target=”_blank
Once you save restart the application in the Host -> Host Settings page and view your link you should be good to go!
- In the external Link field on your DNN Page Settings you will see something like: http://example.com
A little DNN hacking never hurt anyone.
But it makes you wonder why they do not have this option implemented. And why they don’t validate external URLs when you add them.